[78-L] Glenn Gould on 78

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 10 13:04:13 PDT 2009

I actually do have a Glenn Gould 78 in my possession, a lacquer test cut at
Hallmark Studios. Might be off air. And some of the source material on the
"Young Glenn Gould" issues on various labels came from 78 lacquers.

I found a nice copy of "SYWTWAF" in the Keith Roos collection a couple of years
ago (and of course it was reissued by Columbia on LP). Matter of fact, it had
been scotch taped to a near mint copy of "Sounds in Space", which made me more
than a little furious since it totally f*cked up an album that is very
difficult to find in better than F condition most times.

dl (no great fan of GG even when he was living)