[78-L] Laurette Taylor in "Peg o' my heart"

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Fri Oct 9 09:51:23 PDT 2009

This Decca 10" LP (DL 7012) is part of the Cherished moments of the theatre
series. It has a single track per side (MG 1526=T2 / MG 1527=T2), and stars
the original Peg: Laurette Taylor (1884-1946) with supporting cast and Lew
White at the organ.
Can anyone point me to the 78 RPM origins of this title?  or did it begin
life simply as a transcription?
While I can see other abridged dramatizations in the Decca catalogue, I see
only three titles in this "Cherished" series.  The other two are DL 7010:
Florence Reed in "Shanghai gesture"; & DL 7011 Jane Cowl in "Smilin'
through".
Thanks for any help.
- Stephen D
in Calgary

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or