[78-L] Worst singer in the 20's 30's

Marc Friend oxamoxa at msn.com
Thu Oct 8 19:02:24 PDT 2009

Hello,

Possibly the worst singer I heard on record is one Biff Hoffman, who sings with Tom Gerun Orchestra on Brunswick. He sings "Old Man Sunshine". Feh!  This "singer" is a triple threat man. He sings off key, he has no rhythm, and his voice has the worst qualities of Irving Mills worst vocals. With all the great talent around the country in those days why did he get a chance.
Maybe he was someones relative at Brunswick. If anyone would like to hear the two cuts I have, just send me email.

Marc Friend