[78-L] Not only vinyl..now at 45RPM

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 16:59:38 PDT 2009

You'd be surprised what they cut in these days. They might just be mixing some phrase in with a walloping techno track. Maybe even just Julie London going "ooh" for forty five minutes. Apparently there are drugs you can take that make this tolerable.

I don't know what Rene Leibowitz sounds like, but I'm imagining something louche and loungy for the chill-out room.

You never know. In my thankfully very short DJ "career" the biggest reaction I ever got was with "Quiet Village", and also a pure cheese easy-listening version of "Georgy Girl" (sorry, can't remember the group) that made the original sound like Cannibal Corpse in comparison.