[78-L] Capitol's Prep Subsidiary

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 8 14:37:59 PDT 2009

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
> At 10:26 AM 10/8/2009, you wrote:
>> In the late 60s and early 70s I used to visit every record company
>> in New York
>> and ask for freebees. CBS (Columbia/Epic) was the most generous, RCA
>> never gave
>> me a thing, Audio Fidelity grudgingly parted with a copy of their Gertrude
>> Lawrence album, Mercury and MGM came up with anything I needed..all
>> of it stuff
>> that wasn't being sold in Canada.
>>
>> dl
>
> How did you convince them to give them to you? As a radio station DJ
> or something?

Or something..I was in fact working in radio in Toronto and then in Oshawa, but
it took a little fancy talking to get some of them to part with albums since as
far as they were concerned, the popular material was available through their
Canadian outlets. It was the comedy stuff and show albums and Epic's EE series
that I couldn't get here.

dl