[78-L] A good 78 vs a lousy LP reissue..

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 09:10:42 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> Last week I picked up a great 78 pressing of Slim Gaillard's "Dunkin' Bagel" on
> BeeBee (unnumbered..matrix numbers are issue numbers and does BeeBee stand for
> Bam Brown?). I'd known this only from the Savoy LP reissue, Black California.
> Great to hear it without wow, without all the highs rolled off, and WITH THE
> LAST NOTE f'cryin' out loud! And the bit of off-mike banter that follows.
>
> Messrs Valburn and Towers..too tight, man!
>
> dl
The Parlophone issue of "Novachord Boogie" (ex-Atomic) was dubbed and
truncated. I notice the other two titles on the Savoy LP are not
over-filtered, but they all seem to contain some wow.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4490 (20091008) __________

http://www.eset.com