[78-L] A good 78 vs a lousy LP reissue..

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed Oct 7 14:36:02 PDT 2009

What is the reverse of Bee Bee 102? BB104 Don't Blame Me ?
Bagel also issued on Bee-Bee-Bee 1001 (mx BBB-120 on label), with reverse Chili & Beans.
Shows 3 bees as logo.

Han Enderman
===
>>> Last week I picked up a great 78 pressing of Slim Gaillard's "Dunkin' Bagel" on
BeeBee (unnumbered..matrix numbers are issue numbers and does BeeBee stand for
Bam Brown?). I'd known this only from the Savoy LP reissue, Black California.
Great to hear it without wow, without all the highs rolled off, and WITH THE
LAST NOTE f'cryin' out loud! And the bit of off-mike banter that follows.

Messrs Valburn and Towers..too tight, man!

dl
<<<