[78-L] Columbia Masterworks Discography Help Needed

Sam Hopper samhopper at mail.com
Tue Oct 6 02:23:19 PDT 2009

A few months back I asked for assistance with tracking down a few Columbia Masterworks sets from the "M" series as part of a discography book I am writing.

Since that helpful assistance from a few members, I've written about 135 pages of the discography which will feature all published 78s under the M, X, OP and S (Add-a-Part) series by Columbia USA. The discography features recording info, review sources, download links (if available) and extracts from reviews, photos of labels and album covers (for selected items).

A draft pdf can be download from my blog at: http://discography.gramophile.com/
But please note, if you intend to download it, be warned that the documents now total some 45 mbs.

IMPORTANTLY: I need a little help with the following sets which for the life of me - I cannot track down. I am hoping some wise ones out there have the valuable info I need. In some cases I have read through 20 reference books etc without success to track down this illusive info.

I need the following information

Composition(s)
Performer(s)
US catalog nos.