[78-L] OT: Instrumental B-sides to singles

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 5 08:49:59 PDT 2009

There were quite a few singles issued in the 70s and 80s with just the
instrumental track on the flip side. I seem to recall "You Don't Bring Me
Flowers" being one of them..fortunately I don't have any memory (or I've had it
brainwashed out of me) of disc jockeys singing along with it. If nothing else,
these would come in handy for fading out at the top of the hour.

B sides were just tossers anyway..sometimes you'd get a longer version of the
song on one side and the "AM" version (shorter or censored) on the other.

dl