[78-L] A "Goons" 78...?!

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 3 12:09:23 PDT 2009

The EMI box set doesn't include Bridge On The River Wye. Too bad..on the other
hand, it seems complete on the singles, LPs, a couple of unissued tracks and
the United Artists lp which wasn't that good (the Formby Championships is the
only track worth bothering with on that disc). And as noted, the first Angel LP
has stereo versions of tracks which are mono on the CDs.

Is the Decca CD mono (except for the 1978 tracks), I hope? The LP version was
horrible fake stereo.

dl