[78-L] ^Questions re airplay of old recordings on radio.

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sun Sep 27 16:59:56 PDT 2009

Probably the high cost of licensing synch rights from recalcitrant record companies. In addition to taking forever to grant licenses, they are fairly inflexible in their quotes. It's much easier to hire musicians (union or non-union) to do a quick knockoff in the studio, which probably saves thousands of dollars and is faster.

Cary Ginell