[78-L] Upcoming Steinweiss book

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Sep 25 13:08:38 PDT 2009

Don Cox wrote:
 > So who was the inventor of the modern album cover?

This supposes that there was an "invention" of the modern album cover by a person, not a general trend in the industry.  But I suppose, since the Decca Album series had about 200 albums, mostly with illustrated covers, by the time of Steinweiss's first cover, I suppose the Art Department of Decca might be credited.  But there are many examples prior to the founding of Decca, so I think they were just, to use the words of one of the songs from a Decca album, "doin' what comes naturally".

Mike Biel mbiel at mbiel.com