[78-L] Jazz Books for sale..Records too

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 24 20:43:14 PDT 2009

If anyone is interested in any of these, in near mint condition except where
noted, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the seller in Buffalo.

RUST: JAZZ RECORDS, 5TH Edition 1982 (no dust jacket)

RUST: AMERICAN DANCE BAND DISCOGRAPHY, 1975

FLOWER: MOONLIGHT SERENADE

HENTOFF/SHAPIRO ed: HEAR ME TALKING TO YA (dust jacket torn)

DELAUNAY: NEW HOT DISCOGRAPHY (seems to be 1948 edition)

HERB SANFORD: TOMMY & JIMMY--THE DORSEY YEARS (2 copies)

CONNOR & HICKS: BG ON THE RECORD (2 copies, 1 slightly worn)

KINKLE: COMPLETE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF POPULAR MUSIC & JAZZ (4 volumes)

Also, close to five thousand jazz and dance band 78s for sale, reasonably
priced. No blues, no rock, any bebop is there by accident and will probably be
gone when I next visit. Album sets, singles, long runs of Glenn Miller
Bluebirds etc (no Glenn Miller OKehs or blue Columbias). Don't expect rare
stuff, although I found 5 good Coon-Sanders, a cracked Dorsey Brothers Banner
and Ralph Burns' "Free Form" Mercury set. Joe Showler and Jeff Healey plundered
this collection for the good 20s jazz years ago..what's there is standard big
band, jazz and vocals in excellent to tolerable condition.

These are all in a house that needs to be emptied before winter. The records
are cheap, the books..make good offers.