[78-L] If you have the BS discography...?!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Sep 23 18:54:52 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Longwell" <glongwell at snet.net>
> Funny timing of this. I just picked up GG 1263 this past weekend along
> with 400 other discs. Terrible condition and bought it separately from the
> others because I wanted to hear John Henry Blues. A105 is the correct mx
> number.

Except my original question concerned GG 126*2*! The tune is titled
"Draggin' the Dragon,"
and the composer appears as "Handy." The performance is much "jazzier" than
the usual GG
"B sides," and my guess is that it is a Black band...which is why I wondered
if this was a
Black Swan original. My currently-accessible copy shows only "106" as a
matrix number;
however, I dimly recall having seen a matrix of "P106" on another copy.

"John Henry Blues" (105) shows up on GG's "race series" (7###) and is listed
in Rust's
JR discography (under "New Orleans Blue Nine")...this is also very likely a
BS original?!

Steven C. Barr