[78-L] Grammatically incorrect^ [FWD]

Mike Harkin harkinmike at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 23:05:32 PDT 2009

In my experience of 20+ years in the Denver traffic courts, I found two things about signs.

1.  Most people do not read them.

2.  If you can get them to admit that they _acidentally_ read them, they think they [the signs, such as STOP, SPEED LIMIT, NO TURN &c] do not apply to them [the driver].  Some sort of mental magic at work here....  So, even if the illiterate who made the sign had accidentally used the right word, it wouldn't havve made any difference!

Mike in Plovdiv