[78-L] Grammatically incorrect^

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Sep 21 21:57:00 PDT 2009

Time to put a carat on this conversation because it has lo-o-o-o-ng since gotten away from 78s.

Just came back from the grocery store where I learned from the checker that dozens of fully loaded shopping carts had been abandoned in the aisles and the employees had to track them all down and return the groceries to the shelves. Why? Apparently, the store's machine that processes food stamps had broken down and they weren't taking any payments. I asked the checker why customers abandoned their carts in the aisles. She said that they didn't or couldn't read the note posted on the front door to the store.

On my way out, I saw the note, which read:

"Due to technical problems, we will not be excepting food stamps today."

Cary Ginell