[78-L] Grammatically incorrect^

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 21 08:43:27 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> And how long did it take for "humongous" to make it into the dictionary?
> Likewise, "copacetic" (they can't even agree on the spelling for that word, let
> alone its origin, which is claimed to be variously Hebrew, Chinook and
> Bojangles Robinson).
>
> dl
And (sorry!) there are archaic words like "cool", that have been revived
and make me wince when I hear them. "Cool", I think, had a double
meaning back in the fifties. It could be used as an expression of praise
or disparagement, depending on which side of the fence you were.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4443 (20090921) __________

http://www.eset.com