[78-L] Grammatically incorrect

Alexandre Benoit pathe90rpm at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 21 07:57:36 PDT 2009

"Why do you want me to speak 'white' ".

Good one, Ron!

When I learned English as a foreign language, they tought us:
- you can't start a sentence with 'but', but you may with 'however'.
- and the so called 'saxon genitive' can only be applied in relation to human beings.
Example: 'The record collector whose turntable ...
or 'The company staff whose salaries ...'    or  'The Parliament whose sessions ...'

BUT  I see more and more people THAT use it diffently, like 'the record WHOSE label...'

Alex