[78-L] titular opposites

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Sep 19 19:53:06 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Royal Pemberton" <ampex354 at gmail.com>
> How about 'In my merry Oldsmobile' and 'Keep away from the fellow who owns
> an automobile'?

Or. "...Oldsmobile" and "The Little Ford Rambled Right Along"...?!
We could also add my tune: "McLaughlin-Buick Blues"...?! and/or
"Beep Beep," which was about a Nash Rambler?! Further, we have
"Ray and his Little Chevrolet" as well as the GG "classic," "Since Willy
Got a Whippet" and the blues tune, "Mercury Blues"...?! IIRC, there
was also a blues tune about Pontiac...?!

Any truck-related C&W tunes which mention makes? There is a standing
joke to the sense that "Old truckers never die...they just get a new
Peterbilt!"
but I wot not if a song based on that witticism exists or ever did...?!

Steven C. Barr