[78-L] Seeger, Weaver 78s?

Robert Shirer rshirer at neb.rr.com
Fri Sep 18 21:07:49 PDT 2009

Quite a few.  On his own, beginning with the Almanac Singers, five albums
and a few singles; then lots of Asch and Disc albums (the Folksay album with
Woody and Cisco, Leadbelly, etc); a few singles on Charter, one on Charter
with the Weavers, the "Hammer Song" with the Weavers on Hootenanny, lots and
lots of Weavers discs on Decca.  There are more, that's just off the top of
my head.  I have most of them; that's something I'd like to be a completist
on.  There are a few campaign songs from the late forties for the
Progressives and Henry Wallace that will be hard to find.  A worthy quest.
Almost all of the aforementioned are on the very pricey Bear Family
compilation "Songs for Political Action."
Cheers,
Bob Shirer