[78-L] Double Trouble vs. Triple Threat

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Sep 18 13:32:51 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "RAY KILCOYNE" <kil at roadrunner.com>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Double Trouble vs. Triple Threat
> I knew that Taylor.  I was trying to slip it by you.  Drats!  I'm waiting
> for a quintuple now.  I know you have all the days of the week and most of
> the hours of the day.
> How's
> HIGH NOON
> 'ROUND MIDNIGHT
> RayK

That is excellent,  Ray!   Most "time" songs don't specify AM or PM which
makes it tough to do a good opposite.   Are "One O'Clock" and "Two O'Clock
Jump" in the afternoon or (as I suspect) in the wee small hours of the
morning?

I just thought of another good one:  Cole Porter's "Get Out of Town"
compared with "Come Back to Sorrento."

Ah...here are the opposite sexes each being commanded to render melody on a
different instrument:

"Lady,  Play Your Mandolin"
"Blow,  Gabriel,  Blow"

That might even be a triple,  as  we presume "Lady" is a mortal being and
"Gabriel" is an angel.

Taylor