[78-L] MAJESTIC Records questions

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Fri Sep 18 08:23:32 PDT 2009

This message has not appeared in my inbox - sent 5:10 this morning.
In case it got lost, I am resending it (revised).  Apologies if it is a
duplicate.

  78discography has listings for the 1940's Majestic issues, prior to the
1948 bankruptcy, dissolution and
sale of Majestic Records.
  Mews items in Billboard indicate the record operation was revived in
Hollywood c.1951, the name licensed from the Chicago corp.  From other
items, this did not involve the 40's masters which had been acquired by
Mercury, with some sold off to Eli Oberstein/Varsity.
  Any activity seems to have been over by 1953.
  Does anyone have information about this (1951-53 Majestic) or listings of
the  records issued?
  In particular, records in a 100 series, designated 78-1xx....???
  Thanks!
Best wishes,  Thomas.