[78-L] Titular opposites

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 17 19:59:43 PDT 2009

This is the kind of thing we used to come up with on FM radio when we were
doing music segments that had to fill a quarter hour and have some kind of
thread. A real copout way to get around a dumb regulation, but sometimes it was
fun to put together.

Do You Want to Dance/I Won't Dance (the latter already used, below)
Short Fat Fannie/Skinny Minnie
Keep it a Secret/Wake the Town and Tell the People
In a Shelter From a Shower/It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo'
I'm Getting Tired So I Can Sleep/40 Cups of Coffee
We'll Build a Bungalow/A Cottage for Sale
Everybody Eats When They Come to My House/I Get the Neck of the Chicken
Home/Everybody's Got a Home But Me
The Folks who Live on the Hill/Down in the Valley
Come Back to Erin/Get Out of Town
Two Cigarettes in the Dark/Don't Smoke in Bed
Sunshine on my Shoulder (John Denver)/Cold on the Shoulder (Gordon Lightfoot)
Open the Door to Your Heart (Darrell Banks)/Shaddap You Face (Joe Dolce)

Here are a few I haven't been able to pair:

Outside
In the Ghetto
Sittin' in the Balcony

dl