[78-L] California Ramblers 1924 Electrical Pathe test. Is it Columbia?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 17 10:35:07 PDT 2009

According to the Columbia Books, it was issued as 236-D from Take 3 (mx
140114). And quoting from the book (by Brian Rust), the next two masters by
Paul Specht are rejected electrical recordings..Columbia was definitely
experimenting with this. No indication whether the Ramblers disc is known to be
electrical.

dl