[78-L] Back..with new questions

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Sep 17 09:30:54 PDT 2009

Ate,

The earliest information I have about Bert Lown was the period in 1928 (and
possible into 1929) when he and Rudy Vallee were co-owners of a band booking
agency in New York.   There are papers about this in the Rudy Vallee Archive
at the Thousand Oaks Public Library in California.  I was the agent for the
library when the archive was purchased from the Vallee estate about twenty
years ago,  and I spend a lot of time examining the letters,  documents,
etc. at that time.  I even recall being given some duplicate business cards
out of the archive which were for the "Lown-Vallee Agency" or some similar
name.

I have never found any information that Bert Lown made any recordings of any
kind prior to the 1928 sides for Harmony.

Taylor