[78-L] Today's bargoon

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Sep 15 20:17:49 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Don't look at this if you still have a mouth full of coffee.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250498363193

1) Didn't somebody post this guy's "sale" to 78-L a while back?

2) A little math here: if we assume the price asked represents the actual
value of
78 rpm phonorecords (and not the URL I posted yesterday, whose prices were
merely ordinarily ridiculous...?!); well, he is offering 43 records for a
mere $19,995.00!
That works out to $465.00 per record.

Now,I own (give or take) 57,052 78 rpm phonorecords. According to Windows
Calculator, my hoard shout be worth $26,529,180.00 (US-about
Cdn$29,182,098.00)!

Mebbe I better hire armed guards?!

Steven C. Barr