[78-L] Just curious.. ^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Sep 14 19:18:48 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
>I didn't own a computer until July 2000. Since then, I've received my fair
> share of the usual crap e-mail we all get and we've all learned to tune
> out.
> But tonight, here's an old favorite, from somebody who's dying of
> something and
> who wants to make amends and leave me GBP20M..and the wording hasn't
> changed in
> nine years, even down to the typos and spelling mistakes ("it has defiled
> all
> form of medicine"). Don't they get tired of playing this game? Hasn't
> anybody
> ever noticed that it doesn't work? Okay, except for the 3 idiots Oprah
> interviews every so often.
> Just wondering....

SPAM operates on the idea that an infinitely-small portion of an
infinitely-large group of
recipients can still produce a finite number of "successes!" The folks who
send out this
xxxx don't need to update their message(s)...they send out a couple of
hundred million
e-mails, so they only need about 1 out of 100,000,000 "successes" to make
their racket
worth it...?!

Steven C. Barr