[78-L] Columbia Grand Opera Series 1903

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Sun Sep 13 13:37:17 PDT 2009

I picked up a couple of odd label records awhile back, and these appear to be from the selections a Columbia Client Label . the Label is Cort Records (Cort Sales Company 330 6th Ave. New York), Gold Lettering on a Purple background. Specifically I am curious about one of the Selections and I am wondering whether it was originally from the famed 1903 Columbia Grand Opera Series.

The Number visible under the label is 3109-2-17 and the Selection is "Infelice" aria from Ernani Vocal Solo, sung in Italian by Marcel Journet with Piano Accompaniment. This is the selection that was sung by Journet on the 1903 Columbia Grand Opera Series, and I am wondering if this is one in the same.

Does anyone know if the sides from the Grand Opera Series eventually also showed up on Columbia Client Labels. Thanks in Advance.

Bruce