[78-L] The Beatles on 78

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 06:59:52 PDT 2009

And what sort of shellac mixture would you want to use for the records?  The
rougher, noisy sort like the earliest records, or the scroll-era Victors, or
smoother types such as those just before and just after WW1?  Or the brittle
but very low-noise 1950s RCA Victor shellac?  Wartime regrind, HMV 'frying
bacon' or early 1950s thin Capitol....no.

Or would there be a way to bring back the laminated Columbia pressing
technique?