[78-L] Was there a Volume Two?

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Sat Sep 12 20:55:32 PDT 2009

I recall a RED cover and a BLUE cover from Mark 56 iirc, as well
as a series of additional albums drawn from recordings
at the Ford Plantation near Detroit.  The transfers on these latter
LPs were abysmal.  Some were reissued in an inexpensive box set
from Murray Hill or similar company (sold mostly through bookstores
and mail order).

The Edison Foundation or related organizations issued other albums.

An Edison memorabilia. Vol. 2, Ragtime from the Edison blue amberol
cylinders
Publisher: Anaheim, California : Mark 56 727, 1976.
Those ragtime melodies / Hodgkins (Peerless Quartet) -- When the midnight
choo-choo leaves for Alabam' / Berlin (Collin's & Harlon) -- The hungarian
rag / Lengberg (New York Military Bands) -- You made me love you / McCarthy,
Monaco (Anna Chandler, soprano) -- Alexander's ragtime band / Berlin (Fred
Van Eps, banjo) -- The international rag / Berlin (Billy Murray, tenor) --
Egyptian echoes / adpt. Frank Black (The Aristocrats) -- Five pennies / Red
Nichols (Phil Napolean & his orchestra) -- Get out and get under the moon /
Tobias (Golden Gate Orchestra) -- You'll do it someday / Al Wrubel (Yale
Collegians) -- Chinese jumble (Californian Queensland) -- Moonlit waters /
Cliff Friend ; Nacio Brown (Oresto & His Queensland Orchestra).

An Edison memorabilia 1888-1920.
Author: Thomas Alva Edison Foundation.
No. 1. Gems from the Edison diamond amberols. Classical gems from the Edison
discs.--No. 2. Ragtime from the Edison blue amberol cylinders. Dance music
from the Edison discs of the Twenties

If anyone is compiling a comprehensive listing of these releases, I hope
you will post it here.  Thanks!
Best wishes, Thomas.