[78-L] HMV C 3345

Matthew Duncan duncdude2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 08:34:40 PDT 2009

Hi all

I am currently trying to ascertain recording dates for a large number of 78s in my collection.

I am collecting together discographical data for all my 78s and am about half way through.

I lack reference books for some areas and labels (although my jazz and dance band 78 guides have proved very useful) and need help to date various items...

Here is one...

SOLOMON - Chopin piano studies and Nocturne in E Flat.
English HMV 12" disc, number C.3345
Matrix numbers 2EA.9274-1 and 2EA.9275-1 respectively.

It is the later label design with the dog and gramophone logo in sepia and a D/T 48 tax stamp affixed to one label so I expect this particular copy was purchased around the early 50s??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew Duncan