[78-L] American Parlophone

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Sep 8 15:45:15 PDT 2009

I just looked on Tyrone's list and don't see the following:

Parlophone PNY 24013

Get Happy (495022)  b/w Cooking Breakfast For The One I Love (495018).

Both sides are instrumentals,  listed as by "Joe Curran's Band."

The first side sounds like the California Ramblers with Jack Purvis.  The
other side sounds to me like Lanin with the Dorsey Brothers and an
extra-good arrangement.

There is a Ramblers non-vocal version on Harmony (Rudy Marlowe)  of Get
Happy...could it be the same as this one?

Any info on these?  I noted that Tyrone does not list any American
Parlophones in this 24000 series.

Taylor