[78-L] Angela Morley obits.^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Sep 4 20:30:02 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bud Black" <banjobud at cfl.rr.com>
> Didn't he write that his wife, Janette Scott, "got her good looks from
> her father"? Her mother was Thora Hird.
>      Julian Vein
> "I Thora Hird Buddy Bolden Say...."

I had an "Aunt Thora"...my father's sister! "Thora(h)" is one of those
long-vanished first names (I had thought mt grandmother, "Nellie,"
fellinto that group...and then along came Nellie Furtado?!)?

Back in ineteen-ought-forty-two, when I was born (as Steven
Clyde Barr), LOTS of folks named their male offspring "Steven!"
In fact, there were THREE "Stevens" in my grade-school class
in a town of 510?!

It is always interesting to observe names come and go...there is
ALWAYS a "name of choice" among ordinary folks? In fact,
there appears to be a serious shortage of "Cholmondlys"(sp?)
these days...?!

Steven C. Barr