[78-L] So what? was Re: Warner Home Video to release Shorts via Archive Series

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 20:18:55 PDT 2009

The entire point of the Warner Archive series is to get material out which
does not have potential to sell in large quantities, but items that people
clearly want.

I agree that the MGM Our Gangs are a pretty pathetic lot, and I have no
great interest in seeing them, let alone own them. But, yes, Feltenstein is
probably thinking that the Archive series may be the ideal place to release
many of the recent Vitaphone Short restorations, some of which were on the
Jazz Singer box. There are quite a few of these that I've read about via The
Vitaphone Project that I'd order. I saw a two-reel Fred Allen Vitaphone at
the Museum of Modern Art that I'd love to have.

Jeff Sultanof