[78-L] Albert Ketelby question

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Aug 28 21:16:19 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Steven C. Barr wrote:

No...the truth is even stranger! Apparently, after the Canadian Post Office
had, for
reasons unknown, rejected "Skae's Corners" as a name for a post office,
Moody
Farewell asked his native friends what THEY called the place! At the time,
they
were standing about where to-day's King Street crossed Oshawa Creek...so the
"Indians" replied "oshawa," which can be translated as "where we have to
get out (of our canoes) and walk!"

So...the HQ of GM Canada wound up in a village whose name translates as
"Where we get out and walk!!"

One never knows...?!

...stevenc