[78-L] Jess Stacy Question

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 28 15:18:01 PDT 2009

> david.diehl at hensteeth.com wrote:
>> Hi all
>> I came across an article from April of 1944 reporting that Stacy's plans for a big band had fallen through and he had joined Horace Heidt.
>> Has anybody out there found any airchecks of Heidt from this period with Jess on them?
>> There's nothing in Lord online.
>> Thanks,
>> DJD
>> Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
>> http://www.hensteeth.com

On one of the Eddie Condon Town Hall concerts, Condon is heard to say
during Stacy's playing: "Eat your heart out Horace Heidt!"

In the notes to Aircheck #26 ("Jess Stacy on the air"), Derek Coller
says: "...in April Stacy joined the Horace Heidt Orchestra...By August
1944 the Heidt show...had reached New York City...He left Horace Heidt
during October to rehearse his own big band."

Does this mean that there would be Horace Heidt Show transcriptions out
there?

Did Joyce do a Heidt discography?

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4378 (20090828) __________