[78-L] L-O-N-G playing 78

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Aug 27 20:33:23 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <bratcher at pdq.net>
> At 11:40 PM 8/26/2009, you wrote:
>>Just checked a disc I junked today, another fine product from "Top Hit
>>Tunes"
>>(Waldorf Music Hall, Grand Award etc). Each side plays well over 8
>>minutes and
>>contains 4 songs, played for you by Enoch Light, Artie Malvin, Bob Eberly
>>and
>>that's it for people you've heard of.
>>Naturally it's microgroove..naturally it was probably played with a bent
>>pin
>>but aside from a couple of skips, it sounds surprisingly good. Better than
>>it
>>looks.
>>I think I've run across a longer microgroove 78 from these same folks, but
>>8+
>>minutes on a ten-inch 78 side is pretty good.
>>dl
> Your choice to junk it however I would have given it away to a member
> of the group, that is if anybody had wanted it!!

I will gladly accept any & all multi-track 78's, since I am trying to create
database of the tracks found on them!

So far, I have found out that the individual tracks seem to have been
mastered
separately...and that the multi-track 78's were created from the four or six
(or
now EIGHT?!) recordings...one assumes the M-T records were dubbed (?)
from the chosen track "masters"...?!

Steven C. Barr