[78-L] L-O-N-G playing 78

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 27 19:19:16 PDT 2009

Good old Knuckles O'Toole, who was really Dick Hyman. This was one label that
actually had some good performers cranking out these mini-sausages.

Okay, "Rock and Roll Jamboree", one of the two super-long 8-track per side
discs I have is sitting on the turntable right now and I'm running a stopwatch.
I shall report back. It may not run all that much longer since some of the
tracks are obviously cut down (Wake Up Little Snoozie by The Woodchuckers came
in at just under a minute, but occupied groove space you'd usually peg at
fifteen seconds).

dl