[78-L] Happy 100th, Prez!

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:22:02 PDT 2009

Thanks Cary! I greatly enjoyed reading that, though I do take issue with what I feel is the fact that there was far greater variety of tone among sax players, even before the advent of Coleman Hawkins, than Dave Gelly suggests. His description of a "low mooing noise" fits some Rudy Wiedoeft and Nathan Glantz jams, perhaps: I couldn't tell you what a "rubbery belch" sounds like, and I'm sure I've never heard it.

Otherwise, it was a great tribute piece.

Uncle Dave Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com