[78-L] L-O-N-G playing 78

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 26 21:40:02 PDT 2009

Just checked a disc I junked today, another fine product from "Top Hit Tunes"
(Waldorf Music Hall, Grand Award etc). Each side plays well over 8 minutes and
contains 4 songs, played for you by Enoch Light, Artie Malvin, Bob Eberly and
that's it for people you've heard of.

Naturally it's microgroove..naturally it was probably played with a bent pin
but aside from a couple of skips, it sounds surprisingly good. Better than it
looks.

I think I've run across a longer microgroove 78 from these same folks, but 8+
minutes on a ten-inch 78 side is pretty good.