[78-L] Carson Robison Minstrel Show

Charles Bihun csintala79 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 07:41:57 PDT 2009

Barnacle Bill The Sailor was not truly original.  It was an adaptation of an old English drinking song, "Bollocky Bill the Sailor".

Change a word or two, add a verse and a few bars and its yours.  Benz' is credited as the inventor of the modern auto, but I guess whoever first added chrome could contest that claim.  With music it is really the performance that matters, not the authorship.  Who would remember Irving Berlin if only he had recorded his compositions?

ChuckB