[78-L] Tefteller strikes again

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Aug 25 14:29:50 PDT 2009

To me, spending a ton of money on a rare record is not all that impressive. If you have the bucks, the effort is not all that great. What impresses me is a guy like Jack Palmer, who assembled a never-to-be-duplicated collection of Vernon Dalhart records using ingenuity, persistence, and tenacity. There are probably thousands of discs in his collection that wouldn't be worth the same, cumulatively as well monetarily, as the D.A. Hunt Sun 45, but are much more valuable in the long run to collectors and music historians.

Cary Ginell