[78-L] Tefteller strikes again

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Aug 25 14:07:45 PDT 2009

John is a super nice guy, but some think that his quest to become the world's Greatest Blues Collector borders on compulsive obsessive. He's not paying 10 grand for a record; he's paying 10 grand for bragging rights, which I suppose can be viewed as an investment on his brand as a World Class Collector. Live and let live - I'm just glad the record didn't end up in a dumpster somewhere. John's got it now and it's safely in his collection, where it is not under the threat of extinction. John has "saved" many discs of this sort from getting lost or trashed, so from a historian's point of view, good for him.

Cary Ginell