[78-L] Carson Robison Minstrel Show

Bud Black banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Tue Aug 25 11:42:09 PDT 2009

When I think of Carson Robison I hark back to his WWII patriotic war songs
such as "Here I Go To Tokio," "Hitler's Letter To Mussolini," and "1942
Turkey In The Straw" among others.  I believe he penned these tunes himself.
 I guess, by today's standards, you could call these tunes propaganda, but
the rhyming was clever and humorous.

Bud