[78-L] Carson Robison Minstrel Show

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Sun Aug 23 06:45:07 PDT 2009

That's a really nice find!  Robison was prolific, so no surprise that he
recorded chesnuts like "Golden Slippers" and "Darling Nelly Gray" in
addition to his more typical cowboy songs and county tunes.   Russell's
short bio in Country Music Originals doesn't really say much about his
post-WWII career, and doesn't mention touring minstrel shows.

I have a program from the late 1950s of a minstrel held in my NH hometown.
The performers are all local, however.

Gregg