[78-L] Canadian Columbia Double Disk promo record

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Aug 22 16:35:18 PDT 2009

agp wrote:
> I was digging through my stuff today and came across a disk that I
> have a question about. Its a Canadian Columbia disk. I think it would
> have been a promo-special. The catalogue number is P-11

Matrix numbers,  please.  There were two U.S. samples like this, one
with a very LARGE label on the promo side and the other with a regular
size label on the promo side.  They were from around 1908 and l910 which
is probably when the Canadian one was done.  There is a 12-inch disco
single of a Michael Bolton song which has supposedly the Canadian sample
on the other side.  I just got a second copy of it but have not played
it yet.  I'm still opening 3 1/2 months of mail that accumulated while I
was in Brooklyn.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com