[78-L] Someone found a few of our addresses, I see ^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Aug 21 20:30:17 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> This was sent to several people on 78-L, many with long defunct addresses
> or
> who are no longer on this list like Norman Field. I haven't been sp*mmed
> by
> this sender before so I wonder where they get the addresses from.
> What's fj..Fiji?

This is an inevability of (and I use this term with FULL intent!) the XXI
Jahrhundert!

The whole idea of "SPAM" is this: if one can find half-a-billion e-addresses
(of
suckers)...and one out of every TEN million becomes a "customer"(i.e. sends
you money, or his/her/its credit card data...?!)...you just made FIFTY new
"sales!" ANYTHING which gives access to a list of e-addresses...regardless
of whether or not their "subjects" are still alive, exist, or EVER
existed...becomes
a "gold mine" by these standards...?!

We are living in a "new age"...or, to re-phrase an old quote which Vince
Lombardi
probably NEVER uttered..."Money, isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing!"
There
exist MANY fundamental orifices who, too lazy (or too incompetent?!) to hold
actual jobs, make their pittances through exploiting (1) the Internet, and
(2)
the hopeless ignorance of some of those who regularly frequent #1...?!

EVERY e-mail list is also, by definition, a list of (presumably) actual
e-addresses of potential suckers! There are a few possible .45-
caliber solutions to this problem (which I, for one, would LOVE to
see used?!)...but, until the idea of "operator's licenses" (as in autos?)
for computers becomes a reality...we are stuck with a few gazillion
fools who could most likely NOT locate their posteriors with BOTH
hands, on a GOOD day...but nonetheless kind of comprehend the
alphabet and can thus use a standard keyboard to post WHATEVER
they freakin' feel like...?!

Computers have given us a "spell check," but so far a "reality check"
seems impossible?!

FEH?!

Steven C. Barr