[78-L] FW: Look at this! Another 'rock historian' telling us about the 1930s

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Aug 21 12:07:45 PDT 2009

Incidentally, Elijah Wald is not a "quote" rock historian. He is quite knowledgeable, has written some marvelous books (including the best biography of Josh White I have read) and is very tuned in on music history. He's had some interesting theories that have been sent out through his work - and you have to admire him for taking controversial stands, such as his book about the Beatles killing popular music. I'm an Elijah Wald guy. Good people. And who among us has not had errors in our writing?

Cary Ginell