[78-L] Red Ingle Questions

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 16 09:51:29 PDT 2009

I was going through my Red Ingle stuff and came up with a few questions

First regards the Bear Family CD. There seems to be a mastering error
on my copy. Track 5 - Git up off'n the Floor Hanna - has a 'skip'
during the intro: "Sing it sad and play it right cause we got bad
(news) tonite". The skip is at the word "news". Can anyone else who
owns this CD tell me if this was ever corrected.

As great as the CD is, I have to wonder why they left off some tracks
from Red's history. Bear Family is usually very complete, leading
(unfortunately) to pricey multi-CD sets. Issues of cross label
licencing seem to never be an issue, yet in this case the 'Red Ingle
and the Vocal Yokels' tracks are missing,  unreleased Capitol tracks
that did make it out later in Australia are missing, the Snader
transcription tracks that came out of Spinorama, as are the tracks he
did for Mercury (2 issued, 2 not).

So - some questions:

a) The 'Red Ingle and the Vocal Yokels' tracks (I Tipped My Hat and
Slowly Rode Away/ It Ain't Never Hurt Me None So Far) came out on
Enterprise 299 and later UA 330. By UA do they mean United Artists?
And if so, is it not possible that EMI now owns them and they could
have been included.

b) Bear Family makes reference to 2 Australian Red Ingle anthologies
-- supposedly on LP. Does anyone have any info on these? One appears
to be titled "Cigareets,Whisky & Hillbilly Masterpieces" and is on
the Axis label -- an EMI imprint. I have no info past that, but from
the CD liner notes, it would appear that these have some of the
unreleased Capitol tracks

c) The Snader Transcriptions were released on a cheapo LP by
Spinorama. Not much more is given as background. Any more info appreciated.

d) The LP/CD column of the Bear Family CD make reference to 2
unexplained catalogue numbers T 1488 and T 011. Can anyone fill in
the blank here as to what these were?

Thanks