[78-L] fwd: Egyptomania request

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 15 10:24:55 PDT 2009

This was sent to the Canadian Antique Phonograph Society. I'm passing it on to
you wonderful folks since CAPS doesn't reconvene till September. Reply direct
to original sender please.

Some of these are more Prohibition laments, it seems to me..

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm currently preparing a lecture on Egyptomania for the Art Deco Society of
L.A. over Labor Day weekend, the heart of which is a discussion of Egyptomania
music. I have a large sheet music collection on the subject, and am seeking
original vintage recordings -- preferably with vocals -- to play in digital
form as part of my Power Point presentation. I've attached a list of the songs
I'm still missing, along with whatever discographic information I had.

Is there any way to email your members and inquire if any of them own these
recordings, and would be willing to assist me by either loaning me the record
or providing a tranferred copy?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Jeffery Lyle Segal
  jlylesegal at aol.com

Seeking best recording – vocal preferred – of the following:

JUST A LITTLE DRINK by Byron Gay
Tennessee Happy boys; Arthur Hall, Vocalist			Edison 51587 R		??
Palace Garden Orchestra, Arthur Hall				Path 036235		??
California Ramblers	(VOCAL?)			Columbia 340 D		??
Golden Gate Orchestra, Arthur Hall				Perfect 14416		??
Paul Whiteman Orchestra	w/vocalist			Victor 19666		??

CLEOPATRA by Bryan, Tierney
Performed by Arthur Collins					Emerson 927		??

MUMMY MINE
Sung by Vernon Dahlhart					Victor 18525		??
Van Epps Quartet						Okeh 4003		??

ORIENTAL MELODY by George Saunders  (1920)
	??					??			??		??

OLD KING TUT WAS A WISE OLD NUT 	by Roger Lewis (lyric) and Lucien Dennis
(music) (1923)
	Introduced by Leo Fitzpatrick of the Kansas City Stars Nighthawk Radio Club
						??			??		??

ZANZIBAR  by Joseph B. Carey (1919)
	??					??			??		??

SUEZ by Will Pancoast (lyrics) and music by Ferdie Grofe & Peter De Rose	(1922)
	??					??			??		??

MOONLIGHT ON THE NILE by Gus Kahn & Bud deSylva (lyrics) and Julius Lenzberg
(music) (1919)
	??					??			??		??

GOOD-BYE CABARABIAN NIGHTS by Rasymond Eagan (lyric) and Richard A. Whiting
(music) 1918
	??					??			??		??

MY SWEET EGYPTIAN ROSE by Edgar Allan Woolf (lyrics) and Anatol Firedland
(music) 1917
George Thompson							Emerson 7227

SIAM by Howard Johnson (lyrics) and Fred Fischer (music) (1915)
All Star Trio							Emerson 1090

ORIENTAL INTERMEZZO by Vincent Rose (1917)
	??					??			??		??

TWO EYES I IDOLIZE by Edie Dustin (lyric) and M. Quivey (music) 1906

CLEOPATRA HAD A JAZZ BAND by Jack Coogan (lyric) and Jimmie Morgan (music)
Recorded by Marion Harris
									Victor Matrix B-21052
Recorded by Sam Ash							Columbia A2472, Brunswick 5179

FLOWER OF THE NILE

EGYPTIAN MOONLIGHT by Jack Caddigan and A. Fred Phillips

THE VAMP
	All Star Trio				??			??			??

  SAHARA WE’LL SOON BE DRY LIKE YOU
	Sung by Esther Walker